Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Day Three of transitions

Started the more formal job search approach today.  Have some options and an appointment made to see an employment case manager for some help and possible focus.  Started to receive some emails about office/clerical occupation job postings, so I will reveiw those tomorrow to see what is more local and what fits for me to apply for. 

Sorting and clearing out excess stuff has begun in earnest....something I have wanted to do for quite some time but did not have the interest or energy.  For a book lover, it has been a very serious undertaking to go thru the books on my shelves and really ask myself if the book in my hand one that I really want to re-read [or even attempt for a first time].  and I realized that I had some double copies of books, but these have found a new home, which lightens my heart a great deal.....thanks to those who have lovingly open their own shelves for some additions to their own collections. Whew that made it a little easier than I thought it would be.

I also made a donation of used Model Railroader magazines to our local branch of the library.  I just couldn't handle putting these into the recycling....it just seemed wrong!  My heart dipped very low, but the thought of a donation sparked a process for me.....and I did it!

now off to music practice.....it should be fun to see what our musicians get up to this evening!

No comments: