We took the subway to the electronics district - a number of
stops and two different subway lines, and just wandered.
Lots to see and take in. Ken took a few pictures. We didn't
spend much - so far this trip seems to be about just gazing
and absorbing the atmosphere, and buying wonderful meals.
The electonics district is called Akihabara and it is full of
shops that sell such a variety of electronic gadgets. We picked
up an adapter that we hadn't really thought we should have
brought with us, and we picked up an inexpensive MP3 player.
After wandering thru the electronics district, we headed back
to the subway system and headed over to a area that is well
known for numerous used book stores. I think I came across
two english books in all the book stores we wandered by and
thru! But if I spoke the language, I would have been in my
element!
stops and two different subway lines, and just wandered.
Lots to see and take in. Ken took a few pictures. We didn't
spend much - so far this trip seems to be about just gazing
and absorbing the atmosphere, and buying wonderful meals.
The electonics district is called Akihabara and it is full of
shops that sell such a variety of electronic gadgets. We picked
up an adapter that we hadn't really thought we should have
brought with us, and we picked up an inexpensive MP3 player.
After wandering thru the electronics district, we headed back
to the subway system and headed over to a area that is well
known for numerous used book stores. I think I came across
two english books in all the book stores we wandered by and
thru! But if I spoke the language, I would have been in my
element!
we did have a lovely lunch in this district....but I found to my
amazement that the peppers in with my main course
were extremely HOT! thank goodness for having a bowl of
rice right there....but it did take time for my mouth to cool off!
amazement that the peppers in with my main course
were extremely HOT! thank goodness for having a bowl of
rice right there....but it did take time for my mouth to cool off!
as we were wandering back the way we came, we stopped
at a strategy gaming shop using models - the details of the
different layouts were just amazing.
I forgot to mention that I had my first experience eating squid
on Monday. Very interesting. To me it tasted like cod.
We are heading south to Yokohama today. Our friendly tour
guide from Monday is going to show us around her city -
we have been told we are going to be doing lots of walking.
We will be taking our cameras with us, of course, and we are
looking forward to taking lots of video and pictures. We are
taking a fast train down there - it is called the Keihin Tohoku line
if you wanted to check it out. I will make sure we get lots of
pcitures of us getting ready to get on the train and whatever
else comes up.
another update will come hopefully tomorrow morning.
at a strategy gaming shop using models - the details of the
different layouts were just amazing.
I forgot to mention that I had my first experience eating squid
on Monday. Very interesting. To me it tasted like cod.
We are heading south to Yokohama today. Our friendly tour
guide from Monday is going to show us around her city -
we have been told we are going to be doing lots of walking.
We will be taking our cameras with us, of course, and we are
looking forward to taking lots of video and pictures. We are
taking a fast train down there - it is called the Keihin Tohoku line
if you wanted to check it out. I will make sure we get lots of
pcitures of us getting ready to get on the train and whatever
else comes up.
another update will come hopefully tomorrow morning.
3 comments:
Yes there are some wonderful meals indeed aren't there? Makes the Canadian versions seem pretty sad, but better Fujiya than not Fujiya right? So glad you are seeing so much. Say hi to the cemented Yokohama beach front for me, and to the tall tall buiding there...and the ocean........sigh.......
By the way if you get time to go to more book stores, and want some English books as well, try the Kinokuniya South book store, just south of the Shinjuku Station....6 or 7 storeys of books of all kinds. English books are on the top floor.
yum yum....we had a wonderful sukiyaki today for lunch - sizzling pot and all....you can drool all you want but you can't have any of mine :)
Post a Comment