Our hostess is attending a study group, followed by a four hour class this afternoon, so we have come with her to the college she attends. It is a good opportunity to do some catching up and I thought I would take a few minutes to share some additional pictues with you today. I will work on not doing any repeats.
For the most part, it has been an awesome time, doing alot of sightseeing - lots of temples and shrines. One aspect that has really been interesting for me has been just having a look at the way the land is utilized in the different communites. I have noticed, more in Shibukawa than Tokyo, how industrial, residential, commerical and agriculture intermingles almost seamlessly. As we drove to the college this morning I was amazed how this worked. We would be driving past an industrial business, which had a house right next door, a conviennce store right across the street and next to both the convience store and the house would be patches of gardens and rice patties - yes, in the water and this combination has happened fairly often. I am not sure that Ken has taken a picture yet of this, but I am going to ask him to do that for me.
So, the rest of this post will be pictures galore....I am going to try and do specific sections which is related to each title. Please enjoy the view!
Asakusa Kannon Temple and Market
<- 5 Storied Pagoda
Hozomon, the main gate to the-> market and temple grounds.
It is also called the Thunder Gate.
It is also called the Thunder Gate.
Tokyo - The Emperor's Palace Buildings and grounds
We toured the area around the Emperor's Palace on Monday, June 18th with our friend Yoshiko showing different parts of the city. It was very interesting.


Building on the grounds of the Palace ->
<- Ken & Penny with Bridge/buildings in background


<- bridge and other structures
<- Ken & Penny with Bridge/buildings in background


<- bridge and other structures
Foutain near entrance-> to Emperor's Palace grounds
Visit to Kamakura City
This city is located south of Yokihama. We took the train down from Tokyo to Yokihama on Wednesday June 20th and met up with a friend, who then took us around. Just thought you might like to see some additional pictures from our trip there, over and above what I described in an earlier blog. Just enjoy the variety.



This city is located south of Yokihama. We took the train down from Tokyo to Yokihama on Wednesday June 20th and met up with a friend, who then took us around. Just thought you might like to see some additional pictures from our trip there, over and above what I described in an earlier blog. Just enjoy the variety.




1 comment:
Hi Penny and Ken
I'm really enjoying your trip blog. It looks like you are having a great time. Thanks for the pics, etc.
Karen
Post a Comment